Why Should I Hire a Divorce Attorney?
Getting a divorce is a difficult and life-changing decision. It is one that requires careful thought and preparation because of its many complexities you will likely face along the way. Every marriage and divorce is different, each with different circumstances and issues that need to be resolved. Hiring a divorce attorney will help simplify the divorce process.
- An advocate for you: Divorce is one of the most major changes you could ever face in life, so having a legal advocate can allow you to focus on what is important. A good divorce attorney will be a source of support, not just legal advice.
- Explaining the law: It is easy to be confused by the many legal processes you will likely face. An attorney understands these laws, can answer any of your legal questions, and will guide you through the entire process. They will help you navigate the courts and explain any statutes that may apply to your situation. An attorney will help you meet any deadlines, file the correct paperwork, and help you with any administrative and court issues you need to handle.
- Making sure the divorce is fair: One of the main issues in a divorce is fairness, or how property and assets are divided amongst the spouses. Other monetary issues like alimony or child support payments will need to be negotiated as well, and divorce attorneys are well-versed in what is and what is not fair, so trusting them to keep your divorce fair is a must.
- Can help with communication: Even if the divorce is amicable, there will still be times when communication is lacking, giving both parties difficulty. A divorce attorney is skilled to be a mediator between the two parties and can help open lines of communication.
- Important decisions: You will likely face many difficult decisions during the divorce process, something that a lawyer can help with. A divorce attorney can help determine what is the best choice to make when considering your unique situation, and can also help provide information when deciding on the best settlement or litigation options.
- Protect your rights: A major complicating factor in divorce is children and is often the issue that is most disagreed upon. Custody battles can go to court and can be a stressful experience for the entire family. The courts always have the interests of the children in mind, and keeping both parents involved in their lives is a priority.
- Make the divorce less emotional: Emotions are likely running high for both spouses in a divorce, which generally means that decisions and statements are made hastily and without much thought. Hiring an attorney can help take the emotion out of the ordeal and guide your choices with reason.
- Paperwork: The divorce process can be long and drawn out, especially if you do not know what to do. It also involves paperwork, and, if done incorrectly or the wrong documents were filled out, can make the process take even longer. Having an attorney handle the paperwork can help streamline the entire process.
Marlton Divorce Lawyers at Goldstein & Mignogna, P.A. Help You Through the Divorce Process
If you and your spouse are considering divorce, you need an experienced attorney on your side to handle the process. Our compassionate and knowledgeable Marlton divorce lawyers at Goldstein & Mignogna, P.A. can help you. Call us at 856-890-9400 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. From our office located in Marlton, New Jersey, we proudly serve all clients in Marlton, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, and statewide.